Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Love Buzz is Back!!!



Yay!! Today I finally got to get some succulent and cactus time in.  I went to visit the L.A. Arboretum since I have a membership I got got for my birthday.  The S.G.V.C.S.S. Cactus and Succulent  show/ sale was happening today, so I got to see a lot of great stuff. [There were some very nerdy enthusiasts there.]
I never realized that there was a Spiny Madagascar Garden at the Arboretum.  The plants were amazing... especially the Alluaudia Procera that were quite large. It was a good short, trip.  I got to see a peacock strut his stuff too!   It was a hot day, so I only looked at the succulent gardens.  It's 85 degrees in November! I'm going to get to do some long over due yard work today, so I'll post picture from the garden soon!


The Madagascar Garden:


The highlights from the show:










This "Century Plant," which I believe is an aloe, was finishing it's bloom.  It's amazing how many little plants are produce off of the "prostrate." I found a really small baby I put in my purse.  We'll see how it grows...

No comments:

Post a Comment