Friday, April 27, 2012

Swagged Out Aloe Marlothii

This Aloe marlothii has bloomed!! It is huge.  Probably 3ft in diameter and the bloom is bout 3 ft in height.  I've had it for a couple years and has finally showed it's stuff.  The growth of the bloom has taken about 3 months [Feb - April] and is incredible how fast it grows. For any friends that follow me on instagram [Classiopia], you've probably seen all the images that I've been postiong of my blooming aloe.  I wanted to put together a montage of the growth of this amazing "prostate" and here it is...

For this entry's music accompaniment I'll just post what I've been into as much as I've been interested in watching this "swagged out" aloe bloom [It changes every day]. I love A$AP ROCKY . He's from Houston and is keeping psychedelic hip hop alive!! Still sippin' on Purple DRANK.  


And since I usually throw in an outlandish comparison, I'm posting some Bongwater too. Bongwater, a late 80s/ early 90s art rock band,that probably couldn't be anymore opposite than ASAP, but the psychedelic qualities and the use of reverb in their music does have some similarity. There is also a glorification of marijuana from both, where A$AP puts weed on a pedestal and sings tribute to the purple he smokes and Bongwater is named "Bong"water. Another reason I'm posting Bongwater is because I think their music is good, incredibly witty, and importantly sarcastic and more people should know about them.



A friend of mine just pointed out that this Bongwater song sounds like their tribute to The Free Design... Thought I'd share it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment